Thursday, October 21, 2010

Making Way for baby K

make a baby gown from t-shirts

Well, many of you know that we are expecting out first in a little over 7 weeks-YIKE-that is hard to believe!  The hubbs and I decided not to find out what we are having-which has been a lot of fun-but it has made some things difficult.  When you go into baby shops- it is usually devided into boy stuff and girl stuff-with very little in between.  Now, girls can wear blues, greens, browns, and yellows-but little boys can not wear pink, flowers and little girly slogans.  While I am touching on this-why is it that everything has to have a slogan right across the front of it!  Little slugger, Future All Star, Mommy love me...I mean come on!!

Anyway...

My point is, there is a very limited selection of nice gender neutral clothing out there.  This got me to thinking(late at night when I couldn't sleep but should be sleeping)....So I pulled out my old sewing machine(by old I mean this bad boy was purchased in 1998) and went serching for ideas on the internet.

This is my new project...

making my own baby gowns.  I love baby gowns because they are cute and oh so easy!  I can purchase my choice fabric or make them from old t-shirts(love this green idea)!

There is a great tutorial here for making baby gowns from old t-shirts

http://thismamamakesstuff.com/?s=newborn+gowns

If you make one, please post a comment and share your pictures!  I would love to see some of the results!

2 comments:

The Hills said...

Can't wait to see those sweet baby gowns! More importantly...I can't wait to see that sweet Baby K!

Erin said...

What a great idea! Love this!