Saturday, October 23, 2010

Free FALLing

I have been a little behind in decorating for fall around the house.....been a little preoqupied with nursery and baby stuff!  The easiest way to bring a little fall into my house is the mantel in the living room.

Traditionally, Fall decor tends to bring out the warmer, darker tones.  I like the texture in this mantels decor.


But sometimes something unexpected like this is BEAUTIFUL for FAll.  I just L-O-V-E this bright and fresh fall take.  I mean really, how lovely is this?!?


This too is a great brights and airy fall mantel.  And how simple-just add some brightly colored fall leaves.


One of my favorite bloggers, Layla, over at The lettered Cottage, has a great fall matel and firplace decor. 

 If you have not yet visited her blog-click over there now-http://theletteredcottage.net/
Love her style-and she and her hubby are just so stinkin cute-they will become one of your favorites!

2 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

Sigh! I wish I had a mantel to work with! What gorgeous ways to spruce them up!

Jeanine

Sheila said...

Hi! Love this post... such beautiful mantels! I also ADORE the green and white take on a fall mantel. Do you have any idea of the original source of that mantel? Trying to find something similar to that wreath. Thanks!!