Monday, June 7, 2010

reason for my recent blogging abscence....

Well, we had a little surprise this Easter!



Actually, it was just before easter but I had purchased a few things for the hubbs and myself for Easter.  We do not typically do Easter baskets, but there were just a few things we had each been wanting-so I just grabbed them up and put them in some baskets I already had.



The hubbs loved his new golf shirt but what else is in there?  Hidding underneath his shirt was a pregnancy test...




I think his look says it all! We had no idea...SURPRISE!



It is a few more weeks until we can find out our baby's gender...but we are hoping we can just hold out.

With that in mind, I love gender nuetral rooms.

This is one of my favorites. 


We have a few odd angles in what will be our baby's room.  I am think about the chair rail and the ceiling we will go with a creamy white from Mythic Paint that we have previously used in our house.  Below the chair, a light to dark brown.

Restoration Hardware Baby also has some Beautiful things as well.  I feel the neutrals are just so calming.



Come on, how sweet is that bassinett!?!?

I have found some lovely fabric and plan on making the neutral baby bedding myself...
....which I have not started yet!
 

5 comments:

The Hills said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!!! I am so excited for you both!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet the newest Kelton! Now we really have to get together so I can see you...

Lauren said...

Congrats again! Those rooms are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you come up with! What a cute baby Kelton it will be!

Amanda said...

Congratulations lovely and Mister Hubby Kelton!!! :) That first photograph of the neutral nursery has always been one I absolutely love as well.

We chose to be surprised by the gender of our little man, and it's an incredible moment in the delivery room when they announce whether you've had a pretty baby girl or precious baby boy. Hold out, if you can. :) Neutral nurseries are lovely! Either way, so exciting! Congrats again dear.

Karen said...

Congratulations! No cozy cottage is complete without a nursery. I hope you are feeling well. Have the time of your life decorating for your little man or lady.

JoLynn said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the comment on my new blog. Post some pictures of your finished products!