Thursday, July 1, 2010

Laundry room update

Although our laundry room will not be  fully finished until after the 4th of July, it is coming along.




I find doing laundry so much more enjoyable than when the washer was in the kitchen and the dryer was in the laundry room. 

A few of my favorite touches are the the Tom's peanuts canister for detergent.  I am still on the look out for a cute scoop for this-the plastic laundry scoop just doesn't do it for me.

The brown cart was actually from the 1950's and was a utility cart that housed a plug for other appliances. 

It was  just $4 at a local flea market and when my husband saw it, he thought I had lost my mind.
It was a little rusty and had very boldy colored flowers all over it, but nothing a little paint couldn't take care of.

What is left for the laundry room:

1) We have 3/4 inch plywood we will be cutting, painting and polyurethaning for a countertop...much like this



2) Then I will be making a little skirt to hide the washer and dryer. 

No comments: