Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Patching + Packing + Painting = Fall Break Fun!

Well this weekend is our fall break and we are patching, packing and painting, oh my!


David contributed by taking down the brackets that held huge curtains up. I should have taken a picture of the screw holding them to the wall- some on them were 6 inches long. D didn't think they were ever coming out.


Patching-We are patching the holes where we had the complete rewire. Well, let me clarify, neither David nor I are qualified to patch this much drywall, so we recruited Clay, David's brother-in-law! He has been helping us out when we gets off work in the evenings! Thanks and we love you Clay!

Packing-When it comes to packing, I am a pro! When David played ball, during Spring Training, they would decide where he was going to play for the season and stick him on the first flight out. I, on the other hand, was in Arizona with a cat and a dog, responsable to the cars transportation to IOWA, finding an apartment, plus the whole packing for two for 8 months thing! Wow, that was a particularly stressfull year. They waited until the last day-last cut- to inform David he would not be traveling with the team to Chicago, but returning to AAA in Iowa! That year he made the cut from about 100 or so, down to 27, and only 25 can make the team! Can you just picture me in a hotel room with a dog and cat, waiting to find out where we will be going for the year so I can make arrangments. Hopeing for Chicago, I get a phone call from David to plan for Iowa, yet again! He is crushed and there is nothing I can do, but pack! I cried my eyes out while packing. Anyhoo, packing, I can handle! I have been packing the house for some time now and have everything grouped with like items. This may take a little extra time, but it makes for such ease when the time come for unpacking.




Painting-Did I mention that EVERYTHING needs painting! I mean EVERYTHING! All ceiling, all trim, all cabinets-everything. Exterior too, but lets not go there yet! We are very fortunate that my other brother-in-law, Gavin, owns a small environmentally friendly paint company, Mythic Paint!
We look forward to painting our homes interior with the super paint! Mythic Paint is a NO VOC paint company that got its start at the University of Southern Mississippi. It is safe for people, pets and the earth! There is very little odor, great coverage, and an endless supply of colors. This is because Mythic can match any paint color from any line. Lets say you love the color of a Ben Moore paint in your Pottery Barn catalog, but do not love its toxicity, well you are in luck because Mythic can match it! This is one of the many great features of this earth friendly paint! Lets get to painting people- I know I am!

Check out their website http://www.mythicpaint.com/


Daily, I see the home making progress, due in large part to our wonderful families, and we look forward to officially moving in!

ps- floors are finished and looking GREAT. I'll post more pictures soon!

No comments: