Friday, July 8, 2011

French Knot Throw Pillows

French Knot Project

I have been wanting to try my hand at this for some time.  I have seen some pretty cool french knot projects out there. 

I decided to start simple and cheap.  I am using a pottery barn pillow I am currently not using anywhere and some yarn and had left over from another project.  I did purchase a set of needlepoint needles from good old walmart.  You will need the largest one for this project.

 I pencil out my pattern on the pillow and then start french knotting away.

Start by threading the needle and knotting it off at the bottom.



Tie a knot






Pull the needle back through the knot


then move on the the next!

This is really quick and easy.  I think this gives a simple pillow such great impact. 


This project was so simple I think I sew a few more french knot projects in my future.

I am eager to try new patterns.  I highly recommend giving this a shot-don't be scared-it's sooo easy!

No comments: